- Maintain an on-campus learning, residential and working environment that prioritizes the safety and well-being of the campus population,
- Prevent the spread of the virus by following guidance provided by public health officials and agencies,
- Fulfill our core mission of education, research, and service, and
- Enable our students to maintain academic progress toward earning their degrees.
The established public health protocols and parameters outlined in our Campus Ready Plan will remain in effect, including wearing masks and practicing social distancing. These parameters and protocols are constantly evolving and are continuously being evaluated as our environment and understanding changes.
- Martin Luther King Jr. holiday (UM closed) will remain on the calendar for Jan. 18, 2021.
- Classes will begin as originally scheduled on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021.
- Spring break will be canceled to complete the semester as quickly as possible while mitigating risks associated with travel. This has been widely adopted as a best practice in the current environment by universities across the country.
- Good Friday holiday (UM closed) will remain on the calendar for April 2, 2021.
- Classes will end April 23, 2021, which is one week earlier than previously scheduled.
- Final exams will be completed by April 30, 2021.
- Faculty will remain on contract until May 15, 2021.
- Class of 2021 Commencement — The main ceremony and most individual ceremonies will be held Saturday, May 1, 2021. Some individual ceremonies may take place the day before or day after May 1. Details about individual ceremonies will follow.
- Class of 2020 Commencement — The main ceremony and most individual ceremonies will be held Saturday, May 8, 2021. Some individual ceremonies may take place the day before May 8. Details about individual ceremonies will follow.
In spite of the many challenges we have faced and continue to tackle since the onset of the pandemic, I’m grateful and humbled by the incredible commitment and determination of our university community to look after all of our students as well as our faculty and staff. We remain committed to delivering the education, experience and value that is synonymous with Ole Miss.