Dear faculty and staff,
We are coming off an amazing and historic week for our university community. The atmosphere was absolutely electric across every corner of our campus.
Here’s a recap of some of the highlights:
- We paid tribute to distinguished alumnus James Meredith and commemorated the 60th anniversary of the integration of our university.
- We reveled in festive Homecoming activities and welcomed thousands of passionate alumni back to campus.
- We hosted the Mississippi Forge Forward Summit to address workforce needs for the 21st century defense industry.
- We celebrated 10 distinguished alumni who were added to the Alumni Hall of Fame for 2022.
- We honored the generosity of the Ole Miss Women’s Council and the most recent gift to the council’s Global Leadership Circle.
- We shared our great momentum and slate of achievements at the annual Ole Miss Alumni Association meeting.
- We broke bread and made new relationships within our campus community at The Longest Table dinner.
- We featured SEC Network live broadcasts on Friday and Saturday from the Grove, including segments that highlighted our university’s 60th anniversary commemoration.
- And, we triumphed over the Kentucky Wildcats football team in an epic match-up, and family and friends rejoiced in the Grove!
I’m deeply grateful to everyone involved in the planning, support, promotion, and implementation that made this week so very special. I’d especially like to thank the staff behind the scenes who play such an incredible role in making everything run smoothly across so many numerous events. It is a monumental task, and you deliver time and time again. I want you to know that your efforts are profoundly appreciated.
Our people are at the heart of the extraordinary achievements and exhilarating experiences that have marked our fall semester so far. Thank you for your tireless commitment to our university and our students. Your leadership, dedication, and service makes all of this possible.
With deep gratitude,
Glenn F. Boyce