As we celebrate Staff Appreciation Week, I want to share how deeply grateful I am for every member of our outstanding staff. Each and every day, I’m impressed and inspired by the hard work, dedication, and talents that you contribute to our overall efforts of building a better world through higher education. It is truly you, the people of Ole Miss, that make it such an extraordinary place!
The tenacity, resolve and generosity of our staff have never been more evident than over the past 15 months of unprecedented challenges and uncertainty. Our staff put on full display what it means to go above and beyond in service to our university and did so with enthusiastic energy and boundless positivity. Your selfless efforts are to be commended, and we are forever grateful for your significant contributions.
I’d like to congratulate all of our 2021 Outstanding Staff Member Award winners. What tremendous and well-deserved honors — they are the gold standard to which we all aspire!
- EEO 1, Executive: Blair McElroy, senior international officer and director of study abroad
- EEO 3, Professional Non-Faculty: Penny Rice, manager of instructional technologies and the faculty technology data center
- EEO 4, Secretarial/Clerical: Monika Rudd, ID Center coordinator
- EEO 5, Technical/Paraprofessional: Hope Herren, computer support specialist II
- EEO 6, Skilled Crafts: Charles “Bo” Thompson, carpenter II
- EEO 7, Service & Maintenance: Rod Wilson, custodial supervisor
- Outstanding Staff Member Overall: Shannon Richardson, assistant director of Campus Recreation
- Dan W. Jones Outstanding Team Service Award: Department of Student Housing (John Yaun, Jeannie Hopper, Don Rogers, Chris Thornton, Tracey Vaughn, Danielle Meyer, Claire Lowe, Emily Styles, Abigail Justice, Deborah Dunn)
Let me also congratulate staff members who were recognized this year for their years of service, especially the 60-plus staff members who have an impressive 20 or more years of service! Be sure to check out the complete list and share heartfelt congratulations with your colleagues and friends who are celebrating a milestone! I’d also like to applaud the incredible work and leadership of the University of Mississippi Staff Council.
Thanks again to all of our staff for all you do — you are vitally important members of the Ole Miss family. Day in and day out, you play an instrumental role in our success and in upholding our stellar living, learning, and working environment. Your efforts, contributions and service are noticed! Please know how much you are appreciated, and enjoy the rest of the activities including Friday’s Staff Appreciation lunch.
Glenn F. Boyce