You did it! We’ve reached the last day of classes of the Fall 2022 semester. I don’t know about you, but it seems as though this semester has flown by. Thank you for all you’ve done to make this an incredibly successful and fun semester. The experiences we all shared made this one of the most exciting semesters in recent memory. And through it all, you never lost focus on what is important and why you are here. I applaud you!
As you prepare for final exams (especially if these are your first finals in college), I want to share a few thoughts to help you finish strong before taking a well-deserved holiday break.
Prepare for finals
Finals Week can be the most challenging, stressful, and daunting part of any semester. DON’T ‘WING’ IT. Take the time to prepare properly. Stay focused and make a commitment to truly give your best. If you follow this simple advice, I know you will be pleased with your results.
- Click here for the finals schedule to confirm the date and time of your exams.
- Contact your professors or consult your syllabi for information or clarifications.
- If you feel overextended or overwhelmed, reach out to our team of dedicated, caring professionals at the University Counseling Center.
It’s ok to take study breaks
Yes, it is the end of the semester, and there’s much to do. Success always requires a healthy life balance, so stay sharp by exercising and taking periodic breaks. We’re blessed with a beautiful campus in the picturesque town of Oxford. Take in the festive sights and sounds with your favorite people. You’ll find that the holiday spirit helps ease some of the stress and reminds us of the importance of friends and family in our lives.
- Check The ForUM and Visit Oxford to find out what’s happening on campus and in the community.
I know you’re excited to get home and reconnect with family and friends. Make time to rest, recharge, and reinvigorate. We’ve got an action-packed spring in store, and our faculty and staff will be ready to deliver great classes, lively activities, and stellar student support when you return in January.
- Keep tabs on student services and the great things happening on campus by reading The Powder Blue, the weekly email student newsletter, and following the Ole Miss Student Hub on Instagram.
Study hard. Safe travels. And, have a Merry Christmas and joyful holiday season. See you in the spring!Best of luck,
Glenn F. Boyce